Africa’s Tallest Building Will Stand in Morocco


Posted on 2017-10-10 Author:LIYUCSF


According to reports from Chinese news agency Xinhua, construction firms from China and Morocco have been selected to build BMCE Tower in Morocco’s capital, Rabat. The Chinese company will be responsible for 60% of the project, while local company will be tasked with the remaining 40%. Construction of the skyscraper is estimated to cost $375 million. The new Rabat Tower is expected to be the tallest building on the continent of Africa following completion with a total floor area of 86,000 sqm. 


The 45-story tower will include offices, hotels, and luxury apartments. It will be the focal point of a large-scale development in Rabat’s Bouregreg valley, part of the 2014-2018 Integrated Development Program. The overall development involves building the Grand Theatre of Rabat, the Arts and Culture House, the National Archives of the Kingdom of Morocco, the Archaeological Museum, a multiplex cinema, a sculpture gallery, a marina, an art hotel, a marina hotel, a mall, and a business center. Currently, construction of the tower is expected to complete in 2019.


The tallest building in Africa is currently the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg that measures 223m in height and Morocco’s tallest building, known as The Casablanca Twin Center, is 115m high. At 250 meters, the proposed tower could become Africa’s tallest high-rise, featuring office space, luxury apartments and hotels. It will also boast numerous environmentally friendly features.


                             


                             



Source: CTBUH Global News




According to reports from Chinese news agency Xinhua, construction firms from China and Morocco have been selected to build BMCE Tower in Morocco’s capital, Rabat. The Chinese company will be responsible for 60% of the project, while local company will be tasked with the remaining 40%. Construction of the skyscraper is estimated to cost $375 million. The new Rabat Tower is expected to be the tallest building on the continent of Africa following completion with a total floor area of 86,000 sqm. 


The 45-story tower will include offices, hotels, and luxury apartments. It will be the focal point of a large-scale development in Rabat’s Bouregreg valley, part of the 2014-2018 Integrated Development Program. The overall development involves building the Grand Theatre of Rabat, the Arts and Culture House, the National Archives of the Kingdom of Morocco, the Archaeological Museum, a multiplex cinema, a sculpture gallery, a marina, an art hotel, a marina hotel, a mall, and a business center. Currently, construction of the tower is expected to complete in 2019.


The tallest building in Africa is currently the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg that measures 223m in height and Morocco’s tallest building, known as The Casablanca Twin Center, is 115m high. At 250 meters, the proposed tower could become Africa’s tallest high-rise, featuring office space, luxury apartments and hotels. It will also boast numerous environmentally friendly features.


                             


                             



Source: CTBUH Global News